Sunday, May 23, 2010

Flying Bean Salad

A few weeks ago, I cooked some cannelini beans because I was going to make a salad, but then I didn't make a salad, so I put them in the freezer.  Clarabelle has been giving me a really hard time about those beans, so last weekend, I defrosted them and cleaned out my fridge and made a salad.  It was last week so I don't remember for sure what was in there.  Probably grape tomatoes, olives, chopped peppers, and cucumber, and there was probably also some lettuce involved.


Big whoop, hm?  What makes it a flying salad, you might ask?


Well, I consumed it out on the deck in the beautiful weather, and I have some insistent lunch time companions:


This one thinks he can't jump up onto my chair, so as long as I don't make eye contact, I'm OK.


However, this one can jump:


Try and ignore that why dontcha.  It's breathing on you, remember, and after a while, it will start drooling and once that happens, it's only a matter of time before the drool starts dripping onto your leg.  Try and ignore THAT why dontcha.

So what makes it a flying bean salad?  In order to get some peace while I eat, I pick out a bean or a chunk of veg (Tiki loves vegetables) and toss it on out there so Tiki will get off me and go chase it down.  If I throw it far enough, he'll be occupied for a good thirty seconds before he comes back.  If I throw it too far, he won't go for it at all and I'll have ten seconds at most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drool - the canine weapon of mass destruction that they use unmercifully to force you to do their bidding. Also, must.....not.....loook..............at.....Kirby (whew)

Anonymous said...

But don't beans give the boy excessive intestinal gas? Although maybe it is not noticeable above the standard beagle aromas.