Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sometimes she just zaps stuff.

I've had a delicious-looking frozen Indian meal in the freezer for quite some time. It looks yummy, but on close inspection, it turned out to be paneer and sauce, nearly no carbs, and not even close to substantial enough for a meal. So I doctored it up. Zap the Paneer Tikka Masala, zap about a cup of frozen peas, steam a head of cauliflower, mix up all the components, and serve with brown rice, a spoonful of chutney, and a glob of plain yogurt.

Good news: Yum. Bad news: The Boys now know conclusively that they like Indian food. I spilled a little on the floor and they got a taste before I could clean it all up. I expect to be nagged a lot for Indian food from now on, but I dare not give them any for fear of the spiciness inducing dysentery-like symptoms.

Net reduction in freezer items: 1

No comments: